My friend, lovely seeing you here again!
In today’s episode of the Life Unrestricted podcast, I talk to Kathleen A. Bishop from San José, California. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and Relapse Prevention Specialist. In private practice, she specializes in Eating and Substance Use Disorders and she works at a non-profit providing Intensive Outpatient Treatment to clients with Substance Use Disorder and cooccurring mental health conditions like anxiety, depression or Eating Disorders. Kathleen, who is also a body positive size diversity activist who promotes Health At Every Size (HAES) principles to end stigma and mistreatment that is associated with weight, has overcome her own body image obsessions and she shares her great insights with us!
In this episode of the Life Unrestricted podcast, she talks about … all of it. You’ll even hear about the craziest diet you have ever heard. Wait for it. Horse urine is involved…. But more importantly, you’ll learn:
– How she finally found freedom from yoyo-dieting, body insecurity and disordered eating
– Why a person’s size never tells us anything about their health and the dangers of equating “thin” to “healthy”
– How she started to appreciate her own body
– Why we will always be stuck in a weight-obsessed mentality (and spend precious amounts of energy and time trying to “fix” our bodies) unless we address internalized fat-phobia
– Why it is so important to surround ourselves with people and images of people of all shapes and sizes to end our inner fat-phobic beliefs
– How we can learn to trust ourselves and our bodies again
– How to heal negative body image, let go of disordered eating, overcome food fears and end weight-obsession
– Why it is important to see the toxic mechanisms behind diet-culture and the diet industry and how this can help us stepping out of old beliefs
– How harmful weight-stigma really is and that it is a lose-lose situation for everybody
– How thin people can use the word “fat” appropriately when talking about bigger bodied humans…
… And so much more!
Check out Kathleen’s body positive page on Facebook, where she promotes self-acceptance through Intuitive Eating and with the Health At Every Size principles. The page is called “Body Peace & Liberation”.
If you are interested in her work or working with her, you’ll find all the infos here:
********* Don’t forget!*********
Make sure to join my tribe and meet some of the most supportive, loving and kind people of all shapes and sizes, including great coaches and leaders!
We’re right over here at:
We’re all a click away…
Please consider supporting the podcast with a donation by becoming a “Patreon”; so that I can keep producing it. Thank you! Here’s the link:
Please: Do subscribe on iTunes (Apple):
or on Stitcher (Android):