Hey, lovely radicals. Podcast time!
In this episode of the “Life. Unrestricted.” podcast, you’re going to hear Lauren Anton from Culver City, California.
Lauren is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Personal Trainer specializing in eating disorders and sports nutrition. She is the owner of “Arrive: Nutrition, Movement, Life”. She has years of experience working at Eating Disorders Treatment facilities, in most levels of care, from Residential Treatment to Intensive Outpatient Treatment. She helps people who struggle with weight, food and exercise. Her goal is to assist her clients in moving away from a punitive experience with food and movement to one of self-compassion and self-care. Her non-diet, Health At Every Size approach allows people to break free from the chains of rules they have set for themselves that don’t serve them anymore, and she helps to guide them to an understanding of how their relationship to food, exercise and emotions are influencing each-other and their bodies. Lauren has spoken at numerous national conferences and events on eating disorders and sports nutrition.
Today, Lauren will tell us:
– What her earliest memory is of relating to bodies
– How her mother’s restriction of snacks led to her binging on them secretly
– Why she forced herself to become an athlete “against” her true inner will
– What she sees when she looks at pictures of herself as a teenager, back when she was convinced she was fat
– Why many women with anorexia don’t “look anorexic” and won’t get the help they need as long as doctors rely on something bogus like the BMI
– What her advice is for all the parents out there who are dealing with doctors commenting on their child’s weight
– What kind of experiences and comments made her develop a bad body image
– Why her obsession with body and body image was centered around athleticism
– How she learned to ignore her body’s signals just to be accepted as an athlete
– Why focusing on the shapes and sizes of bodies isn’t helpful in sports, and what we should be focusing on instead
– Why it is important to know and expect that giving up coping mechanisms like dieting or overexercising is going to bring up anxiety
– Why people who exercise compulsively or engage in other disordered eating behaviors won’t heal if they “wait until they feel ready”
– Why she thinks many people have to rock bottom until they allow themselves to change their lifestyle and finally heal
– What her own rock bottom was
– What kind of questions we can ask ourselves when we are tempted to fall back into old habits of weight-obsessing…
… And so much more!
Check out Lauren’s (brand new!) website and find out about her coaching business at:
********* Don’t forget!*********
Make sure to join my tribe and meet some of the most supportive, loving and kind people of all shapes and sizes, including great coaches and leaders!
We’re right over here at:
We’re all a click away…
Please consider supporting the podcast with a donation by becoming a “Patreon”; so that I can keep producing it. Thank you! Here’s the link:
Please: Do subscribe on iTunes (Apple):
or on Stitcher (Android):