Hello, lovely tribe!
In today’s episode of the “Life. Unrestricted.” podcast, I talk to Evelyn Tribole.
Yes, THE Evelyn Tribole, the co-author of the groundbreaking bestseller “Intuitive Eating”, and author of several other books.
Evelyn Tribole is an award-winning registered dietitian with a nutrition counseling practice in Newport Beach, California, specializing in Eating Disorders, Intuitive Eating and celiac disease. Evelyn has a passion for helping people discover a healthy relationship with food, mind and body; whether that be through one-on-one counseling, writing, workshops or media appearances. And, as we know, she is the very pioneer who co-created the process that we now call “Intuitive Eating“” In the 90s, she was the nutrition expert for “Good Morning America”, she was the national spokesperson for the “American Dietetic Association” for years and she has been rated as one of the “Best Nutritionists in the Country” by many US magazines. As you can imagine, she has had countless media appearances, and she has achieved the highest honors one could possibly dream of as an expert dietitian.
Listen in and hear Evelyn Tribole tell us:
– How her relationship to her body was as she grew up
– How her mother came expressed her regret about her lifelong dieting efforts
– How dieting and eating issues are detrimental to our relationships
– Why she realized that “prescribing diets” was the very thing that made people end up worse
– How it is that people who keep dieting keep gaining weight
– Why we share the belief that diets should not be legal
– Why thinking that “dieting is a healthy thing” is dangerous thinking
– How it is that we can really improve our health
– What she knows to be the source of Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
– Why she gets so fired up about toxic messages about “Sugar Addiction” and “Food Addiction” and the absurdity of the comparison of sugar to cocaine
– Why she stresses the fact that many “street versions” of Intuitive Eating are plain misunderstood and wrong
– What Intuitive Eating really is and what the 10 principles are
– Why they stopped mentioning weight and numbers altogether by the third edition of the book “Intuitive Eating”
– How she helps her clients to let go of the diet-mentality
– Why it is crucial to let go of the internalized “Thin-Dream” in order to gain real freedom
– What principles are the hardest for clients to tackle
– How Intuitive Eating brings with it self-compassion and self-care
– How she applies Intuitive Eating when it comes to eating disorders
– Why so many athletes have eating disorders that go unnoticed
– How she recognizes problematic behavior around food and exercise
– How she helps patients and clients find a healthy relationship to exercise
– Why a person’s size never tells us anything about their health and the dangers of equating “thin” to “healthy”
– What kind of world she is dreaming of…
… And so much more!
Check out Evelyn Tribole at:
And here’s the link to the book “Intuitive Eating”:
********* Don’t forget!*********
Make sure to join my tribe and meet some of the most supportive, loving and kind people of all shapes and sizes, including great coaches and leaders! We’re right over here at: http://www.lifeunrestricted.org/join/
Podcasting is expensive, more so than I thought. So if you enjoy and love my podcast, please consider supporting it by becoming a “Patreon”!
It would greatly help me to keep those episodes coming to you.
Please: Do subscribe on iTunes (Apple):
or on Stitcher (Android):